By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Lead with a strategic focus and a sense of accountability.
- Demonstrate agility during organizational changes.
- Have emotional awareness leading them to behave appropriately as leaders.
- Develop and lead high-performance teams.
- Appreciate and practice effective communication as a key leadership trait.
- Understand problem identification and solving using critical thinking skills.
- Develop strategies for being customer centric.
This training course is classified as ‘HIGH LEVEL’ and will therefore provide a high level coverage of the selected leadership topics. IREC facilitators utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The facilitator (s) will utilize a combination of presentations, videos, class discussion, group and self-reflective exercises to examine all the elements of content.
Proposed Training Outline:
Leaders must understand that their role is to serve others, and not vice versa. Leaders are to be facilitators; equipping employees with the tools and information they need to do their jobs fast and efficiently.
People perform better when they fully understand and accept the purpose and goals of their organization, and they develop a better sense of ownership when they understand what difference they make in achieving those goals.
This opening session will allow managers to co-create the following deliverables:
- A shared vision for change capability with a direct link to the organizational strategy.
- Analysis of the current state.
- A clear definition of the desired future state.
- A high-level road map to close the gap between their current state and the desired future state.
- A sense of ownership and accountability for their own performance results.
- Demonstrate the case for organizational managing change.
- Emotional responses to change.
- Responding to resistance to change.
- Building momentum for change.
- Demonstrate how emotions shape our behavior and how we can use this to inspire high performance.
- Gain an insight into emotional intelligence, what it is and how you can use it.
- Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions.
- Explore ways to advance personal emotional intelligence.
- Recognize emotions in others, responding to those emotions in order to inspire high performance.
- Understand the consequences of behavior and weigh decisions before action.
- Moving beyond team performance appraisal to proactive team development.
- Establishing standards for productivity, processes, quality, conduct, and timeliness.
- Setting appropriate performance goals with individual employees.
- Creating an effective system of accountability.
- Determine factors that help/hinder effective organizational communication strategies.
- Identify common roadblocks to listening.
- Understand effective questioning and summarizing techniques.
- Practice the art of “inquiry” versus “advocating”.
- Develop effective attending techniques to enhance the listening process.
- Give feedback that is well-received and acted on.
- Understand the impact that nonverbal communication has on the communication process.
- Communicate in a way that makes others feel are valued.
- Develop an Action Plan detailing what participants will do differently to enhance their overall communication effectiveness.
- Defining critical and non-critical thinking.
- Identifying your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement.
- Working through the critical thinking process to build or analyze arguments.
- Improving key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning.
- Applying creative thinking techniques in problem solving.
- Understanding what good practice Customer Centricity is and what it isn’t.
- Creating a Customer Centricity vision that is specially for your organization.
- Identifying why and how to focus the entire organization on the external customers.
- How to manage customer needs and wants.
- Recap of the key tenets of the training by the facilitator (s).
- Summarizing key take-aways by the participants.